Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Magazine Special Thanks! Blog Hop

you should have arrived here from Lydia's blog. i'm so lucky to know her through the Newton's Nook Design team, and i just KNOW you loved her card! 

to put it mildly, what a bittersweet hop this is!



i am so honored to be among so many talented, compassionate, kind and inspiring crafters. i hate the reason for the hop, but i pray the love, thankfulness and appreciation is felt by all of the editors at PC&S. 

i am a newbie in the publishing world (i actually just had a card and scrapbook layout picked up for publication), so i don't have the longevity or legacy that most people have on this hop. by i truly loved the magazine, and it's a devastating loss to imagine it no more.

without much more delay, here is my card. a small piece of myself, given up to the amazing editors at PC&S, from the bottom of my heart:



this card is filled with things i love:
vellum
distress inks
copic coloring
sequins
and dimension


i hope the love shows through! thank you for all of your hard work, dedication, support and inspiration. it was never taken for granted, and will always be treasured.

and Susan - i feel a kinship with you, both from Michigan, both supporting the RIGHT teams (go blue!) and both crafty! loved getting to know you on facebook!  i never thought i could relate to an editor - you are the moon, and i am the dust. thank you for making me feel legit and special! 

a major HUGE thank you to Taheerah (love you!!) for all of the lost sleep, sweat, line by line editing and constant encouragement and love shown while organizing this hop. i bow down to your talent and dedication! 

next on the hop is Kymona - DO NOT MISS HER POST! :D
if you want to start at the beginning, please do so at Jennifer McGuire's blog (perhaps you've heard of her...?) :D

enjoy! and thank you.

15 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha!! I totally love your card. The colors are so pretty!! Nicely done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Samantha!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this- the stripes of vellum are cool! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your post and your card? STINKIN' CUTE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing as always! You never let me down and put a smile on my face! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely stunning and so perfect for this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you mentioned the MI connection, Samantha, cuz you reminded me that that was how I actually "met" Susan. Stumbled upon her blog (with Beth) and "met" these MI gals and was totally in love with their zest for life. I even wrote to Susan out of the blue cuz I thought she might have been a relative of one of my high school teachers! And then later I ended up submitting and getting published. What a small, and wonderful, world. Have a Sanders hot fudge sundae for me, will ya?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is just adorable always love seeing your amazing cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samantha, I just love the way you used the different colors of vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love the ombre vellum stripes!
    Anni

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D