Sunday, June 29, 2014

you're old (school)

hey there! it's sunday night!
and instead of getting ready for the week (eek!) i've been playing and having fun with some paper smooches stamps
after all, the challenge this week at paper smooches sparks is anything goes - so there's no excuse not to play!



along those same lines, i'm also entering it in the simon says stamp wednesday challenge! and it's another anything goes!! bonus!


my card was 100% inspired by this SUPER AWESOME INCREDIBLE AMAZING FUN technique that savannah showed in one of her virtual smooches videos a while ago! i have been wanting and wanting to try it out, and finally had a reason!!

well, let's start by showing the card:


my good friend (a guy!!) LOVES cross stitching, like super loves it! and he loves nintendo! so i thought, why not make him THE PERFECT BIRTHDAY CARD EVER! lol!!

i used the little x character from the needle little love stamp set, and then used a guide that i stamped out on regular printer paper first, to stamp out onto that fabric like patterned paper! 
it was hard! i had to do MATH!! lol! i am not a fan of any math...so feel for me here! lol!



the sentiment was stamped onto vellum from the alphadots stamp set! then i threw some thread underneath it, because hey, it's a nod to cross stitching! ha ha!

there are a few mistakes, and it was a little tricky, and, seriously, for the love of all things crafty i HATE stamping with white ink...but i also love it at the same time...CURSE YOU WHITE INK PADS!
but yes, i really LOVE how this card turned out! especially because it was so perfect for the recipient!! ha ha!!
thanks for stopping by!
enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. OK, this is really cool and it would have taken me forever, because I would have messed up a ton of times. I am sure your friend is going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODNESS! This is fabulous, Samantha! I LOOOOOOOOVE that you were inspired by my video! You nailed that cross-stamp-stitching technique! I love that you customized this card for a friend who loves cross-stitching! YOU ROCK! And I LOOOOOOOOOOVE how you bunched those threads--- please send me step-by-step instructions on how you made it looks so perfect! LOVE!!! And I LOVE your papers--- ok... I LOVE it all! You made my day <3 HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! That last comment was by me:) I was signed in as someone else! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just thought you might need to check this post out:) http://virtualsmooches.blogspot.com/2014/07/1-card-2-ways-with-savannah-ogwynn.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... what a fabulous card! I LOVE the cross stitching!

    Thanks for joining us this week at Paper Smooches Sparks!

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D