Friday, May 16, 2014

washi tape fun!

hello again! it's me! 
i am just sharing a couple cards i made for the Gallery Idol competition!



I have to say, i'm completly intimidated to play along, but i had a few ideas, and i thought, why not? i LOVE washi tape, i LOVE making cards, i LOVE competitions...let's do this! :)

so my first card is really fun! at least i think so! :)


i used washi tape to 'hold' the two pieces of patterned paper together! then i used my sewing machine to stitch on top of the washi! 



those darling little elephants from lawn fawn's love you tons set are just TOO cute! i colored them with copics and then added some white dots for an extra umph of adorable! lol! i created the sentiment with harold's abcs

my next card is a little more CAS! 


i covered some washi on a few white strips of cardstock, then i used a punch to cut the wave shapes! i also added a tiny bit of distressing to the top edges of the waves so they stand out a little bit! 



then i added some super fun, and whimsical star washi to the top at a slant! that little boat and sentiment from float my boat are totally highlighted by the colors of the washi waves and stars! (at least i think so!) 
:D

so those are my two entries! 
i'm not holding my breath though, have you checked out the gallery entries...um, they're stunning!!!!!! wow! but i sure LOVE my cards, and had so much fun creating them!

enjoy!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Way to rock it girl! I love the elephants on vellum and the bright washi against the black is awesome! And how smart to use the washi for the water! These are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! Love that first one with the stitching over the tape! So excited for you- hope you do well in the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! Love that sentiment with the cute Lawn Fawn elephants!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHH! These are super fab, Samantha! I LOOOOOOOOVE the stitching on your first card-- love those little elephants too! And those waves are just the BEST! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you've used the washi tapes!

    GOOD LUCK! You should not be intimidated!!! You are an amazing crafter--- you ROCK <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you colored the elephants with the tiny white dots, and kind of dark on the top. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These rock!!! Fingers crossed for you… :D

    ReplyDelete

thank you SO much for taking the time to comment! just like that, you made my day! :D